New Patient Experience
We welcome all new patients and strive to achieve dentistry designed for you. Our goal is to educate and empower our patients to make their own decisions as to what will be ideal for their own dental health.
What Can New Patients at our Office in Kincardine Expect?
Dr. Deller-Quinn will spend an hour with you doing a very comprehensive exam. She will begin by discussing what your goals are for your oral health. Any current concerns, and previous dental history will also be discussed.
The exam will include:
- Comprehensive medical history - certain oral ailments can indicate problems elsewhere in the body. Establishing a comprehensive medical history helps us watch for these indicators and ensure we deliver the safest treatment.
- Oral cancer screen-to check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Examination of tooth surfaces: to check for decay, acid erosion, root exposure.
- Gum disease evaluation: to check your gums and bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal (gum) disease.
- Examination of existing restorations: to check your fillings, crowns, veneers etc.
- TMJ (jaw joint) assessment.
- Orthodontic assessment to check occlusion (bite).
- Diagnostic Digital radiographs as required - to find decay, tumours, cysts, bone loss and tooth positions
Please call to set up a convenient time for you to meet Dr. Deller-Quinn.